The composite structure of the monsoon depression
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
1977 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 25–40, February 1977
How to Cite
Godbole, R. V. (1977), The composite structure of the monsoon depression. Tellus, 29: 25–40. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1977.tb00706.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Received November 24, 1975; in final form March 29, 1976
- 1958. Tracks of monsoon depressions and their recurvature towards Kashmir. Symposium on Monsoons of the World. India Meteorological Department, New Delhi, India, 157–172. &
- 1968. Application of a diagnostic numerical model to the tropical atmosphere. Mon. Wea. Rev., 96, 218–228.
- 1968. A study of climatological and other rainfall patterns over central India. Indian J. Met. Geophys., 19, 23–30. &
- 1952. Monsoon depressions in the Bay of Bengal. Indian J. Met. Geophys., 3, 225–229.
- 1975. The structure and energetics of typhoons as revealed by composited rawinsonde information. Ninth Technical Conference on Hurricanes and Tropical Meteorology of the American Meteorological Society at Miami, Florida.
- 1975. Climatology of the Indian summer monsoon. Scientific Report No. 13, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Poona, India (in print).
- 1973. Power spectra of large-scale disturbances of the Indian southwest monsoon. Indian J. Met. Geophys., 24, 117–124.
- 1958. A case study of a monsoon depression in the Bay of Bengal. Symposium on Monsoons of the World. India Meteorological Department, New Delhi, India, 145–156. &
- 1975. Study of a monsoon depression (Parts I and II). Rept. No. 75–3, Department of Meteorology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 1–24 and 1–35. , , , , &
- 1975. Analysis of summer monsoon fluctuations over India. Meteorological Research Institute, Tokyo (Manuscript to be published).
- 1974. Structure and behavior of a monsoon cyclone over West Africa. Rept. No. 74–2, Department of Meteorology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 1–48. &
- 1957. Rainfall around monsoon depression over India. Indian J. Met. Geophys., 8, 15–20. &
- 1972. Study of heat sources and sinks and the generation of available potential energy in the Indian region during the southwest monsoon season. Mon. Wea. Rev., 100, 383–388. &
- 1968. Climatology of Indian and neighbourhood. Forecasting Manual Report No. 1–2. India Meteorological Department, Poona, India. &
- 1971. Structure and properties of synoptic-scale wave disturbances in the equatorial Western Pacific. J. Atmos. Sci., 28, 1117–1133. &
- 1971. Discussion of typical synoptic weather situations. Forecasting Manual., Part III. India Meteorological Department, Poona, India, 1–68. , &
- 1975. Low level flows over the GATE area during summer, 1972. Mon. Wea. Rev., 103, 197–216. &
- 1970. A statistical analysis of satellite observed trade wind cloud clusters in the western North Pacific. Rept. No. 161, Dept. of Atmos. Sci., Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 1–80.