On tracer theory in geophysical systems in the steady and non-steady state Part II. Non-steady state—theoretical introduction
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
1978 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 30, Issue 3, pages 260–271, June 1978
How to Cite
Lewis, S. and Nir, A. (1978), On tracer theory in geophysical systems in the steady and non-steady state Part II. Non-steady state—theoretical introduction. Tellus, 30: 260–271. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1978.tb00841.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Received September 6, 1976; final December 7, 1977
- 1970. Age distributions. Biometrics 26, 377.
- 1961. On the tensor form of dispersion in porous media. J. Geophys. Res. 66, 1185.
- 1971. Oscillatory kernel functions in linear hydrologic models. Water Resour. Res. 7, 1102. et al.
- 1969. Linear time varying model of rainfall-runoff relation. Water Resour. Res. 5, 426. and
- 1965. State variables for engineers. New York: Wiley. et al.
- 1976. Tracer experiment design for unique identification of nonlinear physiological systems. Am. J. Physiol. 230, 476.
- 1966. Computation of optimum realizable unit hydrographs. Water Resour. Res. 2, 755. et al.
- 1963. Atmospheric tritium as a tool for the study of certain aspects of river basins. Tellus 15, 303.
- 1957. Introduction to probability theory and its applications, Vol. 1, Ch. V. New York: Wiley.
- 1973. Stochastic formulations for life tables, age distributions and mortality curves. In Mathematical Theory of Dynamic Biological Populations (eds. Bartlett and Hiorns). New York: Academic Press.
- 1973. Fluctuations in trace gas concentrations in the troposphere. J. Geophys. Res. 78, 574. and
- 1974. Variations in the natural chemical concentration of river water during flood flows, and the lag effect. J. Hydrol. 22, 303. and
- 1972. Compartmental analysis in biology and medicine. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
- 1966. Effects of lakes on outflow characteristics. IASH Symp. of Garda. Publ. 70. and
- 1969. Interpretation of tracer experiments in systems with fluctuating throughput. Ind. Eng. Chem. Fund. 8, 431. et al.
- 1973. Introduction of time-variance to linear conceptual catchment models. Water Resour. Res. 9, 298. and
- 1973. Tracer testing of particulate matter systems for their dynamics. IAEA Symp. Nuclear Techniques in the Basic Metal Industries, 21. Vienna.
- 1972. The use of tracer data in increasing the information on hydrologic systems. 2nd Int. Hydrology Symp. Decisions with Inadequate Hydrologic Data. Fort Collins.
- 1973. Tracer relations in mixed lakes in the nonsteady state. J. Hydrol. 19, 33.
- 1975. Age-structured equations in the theory of cell populations. Prepared for S.Levin (ed.), A Study in Math. Biology. Math. Assoc, of America.
- 1967. Seasonal periodicity in theoretical population ecology. In Proc. 5th Berkeley Symp. in Math. Stat. and Probability, p. 179.
- 1972. Some philosophical aspects of mathematical modeling in empirical science with special reference to ecology. In Mathematical models in ecology (ed. J. N. R.Jeffers), p. 13, Oxford: Blackwell.
- 1973. The freezing in intervals method and its application to the analysis of time-averaged systems. Int. J. Control 18, 399. and
- 1971. Stochasticity in geophysical and hydrologic time series. Nordic Hydrology 11, 217.