The evolution of a sub-cloud layer structure associated with a severe storm—a case study
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
1982 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 34, Issue 5, pages 429–439, October 1982
How to Cite
PARK, S.-U. and SIKDAR, D. N. (1982), The evolution of a sub-cloud layer structure associated with a severe storm—a case study. Tellus, 34: 429–439. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1982.tb01832.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Received March 2; in final form December 17, 1981
- 1960. Control of inversion height by surface heating. Quart. J. Roy. Meteorol. Soc. 86, 483–494.
- 1971. Flux-profile relationships in the atmospheric surface layer. J. Atmos. Sci. 28, 181–189. , , and
- 1973. The development of a dry inversion-capped convectively unstable boundary layer. Quart. J. Roy. Meteorol. Soc. 99, 450–467.
- 1970. The meteorologically instrumented WKY-TV tower facility. NOAA Tech Memo. ERLTM-NSSL-50, COM-71-00108, 18 pp.
- 1974. Application of gravity current model to analysis of squall-line gust front. Mon. Wea. Rev. 102, 140–156.
- 1971. On the character of thunderstorm gust fronts. Roy. Aircraft Establishment, Bedford, England, 11 pp.
- 1977. Temperature and humidity structure of the sub-cloud layer overland. Bound. Layer Meteorol. 11, 467–484. and
- 1976. Changes in the structure of the tropical sub-cloud layer from the undisturbed to disturbed states. Mon. Wea. Rev. 104, 407–417. and
- 1974. The NSSL/WKY-TV tower data collection program: April-July 1972. NOAA Tech. Memo. ERL NSSL-68, COM-74–11334, 48 pp. and
- 1970. Airplane measurements of planetary boundary layer structure. J. Appl. Meteorol. 9, 874–884.
- 1964. The structure of atmospheric turbulence. New York, Interscience, 239 pp. and
- 1976. Growth dynamics of the convectively mixed layer. J. Atmos. Sci. 33, 41–51. and
- 1968. Some applications of statistics to meteorology. University Park Pennsylvania, 224 pp. and
- 1980. An application of a simple diagnostic cloud model to the May 20, 1977 storms over the Oklahoma meso-network. Tellus 32, 326–339. and
- 1974. An experimental study of turbulence structure in the fair-weather trade wind boundary layer. J. Atmos. Sci. 31, 1308–1323. and
- 1971. Measurements of the turbulent fluxes of momentum, moisture and sensible heat over the ocean. J. Atmos. Sci. 28, 901–917. , and
- 1973. A model for the dynamics of the inversion above a convective boundary layer. J. Atmos. Sci. 30, 558–567.
- 1971. The budgets of turbulent kinetic energy and temperature variance in the atmospheric surface layer. J. Atmos. Sci. 28, 190–201. and