Carbon isotope records in Wisconsin trees
Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2010
1982 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 34, Issue 5, pages 500–504, October 1982
How to Cite
BENDER, M. M. and BERGE, A. J. (1982), Carbon isotope records in Wisconsin trees. Tellus, 34: 500–504. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1982.tb01838.x
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2010
- Received September 22; in final form December 9, 1981
- 1978. The climatic response in the δ13C values of Juniper trees from the American southwest. Short papers of the Fourth International Conference, Geochronology, Cosmochronology, Isotope geology. Geol. Survey Open-File Report 78–701.
- 1979. 13Carbon-isotope decrease in annual-rings of twentieth-century trees. Z. Naturforsch. 34 C, 644–646.
- 1974. Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels as indicated by the stable isotope record in wood. Nature 247, 273–275. and
- 1979. Problems in interpreting tree rings δ13C records. Nature 279, 229–231.
- 1981. Tasmanian tree rings belie suggested anthropogenic 13C/12C trends. Nature 290, 232–235.
- 1979. On the 13C record in tree rings. Part I. 13C variations in northern hemispheric trees during the last 150 years. Tellus 31, 124–137.
- 1976. Tree rings and climate. London: Academic Press, 567 pp.
- 1964. Wood cellulose. In Methods in carbohydrate chemistry, Vol. III (ed. R. L.Whistler). New York: Academic Press, 9–21.
- 1979. 13C/12C ratio variations in Pinus longaeva (Bristlecone pine) cellulose during the last millennium. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 42, 251–253. , and
- 1958. The concentration and isotopic abundances of atmospheric carbon dioxide in rural areas. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 13, 332–334.
- 1961. The concentration and isotopic abundances in rural and marine air. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 24, 277–298.
- 1979. Recent trends in the 13C/12C ratio of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Nature 277, 121–123. , and
- 1980. Carbon-13 in tree-ring cellulose as an indicator of past climates. Nature 287, 432–435. , and
- 1976. Climatic implications of stable carbon isotopes in tree rings. Nature 260, 771–773. , and
- 1978. Atmospheric carbon dioxide and carbon reservoir changes. Science 199, 253–258.
- 1980. Past atmospheric levels and the 13C/12C ratios in tree rings. Tellus 32, 268–283. and
- 1976. Carbon dioxide concentration and flux in a large agricultural region of the Great Plains of North America. J. Geophys. Res. 81, 399–405. and
- 1977. 12C/13C in cellulose and lignin as palaeothermometers. Nature 265, 133–135. and