A seasonal global climate model with an equivalent meridional atmospheric circulation
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
1982 Blackwell Munksgaard
Volume 34, Issue 6, pages 514–525, December 1982
How to Cite
ELIASEN, E. and LAURSEN, L. (1982), A seasonal global climate model with an equivalent meridional atmospheric circulation. Tellus, 34: 514–525. doi: 10.1111/j.2153-3490.1982.tb01840.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2010
- Received November 26, 1981; in final form February 22, 1982
- 1978. Long-term variation of daily insolation and quaternary climatic changes. J. Atmos. Sci. 35, 2362–2367.
- 1982. Climate modeling using an equivalent meridional circulation. Tellus 34, 228–244.
- 1970. On a numerical method for integration of the hydrodynamical equations with a spectral representation of the horizontal fields. Report No. 2, Institute of Theoretical Meteorology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. , and
- 1979. An energy-balance model of glaciation cycles. GARP Publications Series No. 22, 886–916, WMO/ICSU, Geneva, Switzerland. and
- 1976. Variations in the Earth's orbit: pacemaker of the ice ages. Science 194, 1121–1132. , and
- 1972. A simplified scheme for computing radiative transfer in the troposphere. Technical report No. 6. Department of Meterology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA.
- 1974. A parameterization for the absorption of solar radiation in the Earth's atmosphere. J. Atmos. Sci. 31, 118–133. and
- 1969. Description of the Mintz-Arakawa numerical general circulation model. Technical report No. 3. Department of Meterology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA. and
- 1961. On the radiative equilibrium and heat balance of the atmosphere. Mon. Wea. Rev. 89, 503–552. and
- 1979. A CO2-climate sensitivity study with a mathematical model of the global climate. Nature 282, 491–493. and
- 1964. Thermal equilibrium of the atmosphere with a convective adjustment. J. Atmos. Sci. 21, 361–385. and
- 1966. The integration of a low order spectral form of the primitive meteorological equations. J. Meteorol. Soc. Japan 44, 237–245.
- 1979. The performance of a seasonal global climate model. GARP Publications Series No. 22, 766–799, WMO/ICSU, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1967. The radiative heat budget of the troposphere and lower stratosphere. Rept. No. A2, Planetary Circulations Project, Dept of Meteorology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, U.S.A., 99 pp.
- 1968. The radiative cooling calculation for application to general circulation experiments. J. Appl. Meteorol. 7, 721–729.
- 1979. Performance of the Oregon State University two-level atmospheric general circulation model. GARP Publication Series No. 22, 139–206, WMO/ICSU, Geneva, Switzerland. and
- 1975. On the carbon dioxide-climate confusion. J. Atmos. Sci. 32, 2060–2066.
- 1965. Physical climatology. Chicago and London: The University of Chicago Press.
- 1973. A new global climate model. J. Appl. Meteorol. 12, 241–254.
- 1979. Development of a seasonally-verified planetary albedo parameterization for zonal energy balance climate models. GARP Publication Series No. 22, 1002–1023, WMO/ICSU, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1979. A seasonal zonal energy balance climate model with an interactive lower layer. J. Geophys. Res. 84, 2401–2414. and
- 1979. Seasonal simulations as a test for uncertainties in the parameterizations of a Budyko-Sellers zonal climate model. J. Atmos. Sci. 36, 1377–1391. and
- 1975. The effect of changing the solar constant on the climate of a general circulation model. J. Atmos. Sci. 32, 2044–2059. and