Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole on nursing and health care
Article first published online: 13 NOV 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Advanced Nursing
Volume 70, Issue 6, pages 1436–1444, June 2014
How to Cite
2014) Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole on nursing and health care. Journal of Advanced Nursing 70(6), 1436–1444. doi: 10.1111/jan.12291(
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 13 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 OCT 2013
- Anonymous (1994) Mary Seacole Nursing Award Launched in the United Kingdom. Journal of Advanced Nursing 20, 207.
- BBC Online News (1999) Nurses ditch Florence Nightingale image, 27 April.
- 2013) Editorial. Florence Nightingale–never more relevant than today. Journal of Advanced Nursing 69, 245–246. , & (
- Mansion House Cholera Relief Fund (1866) Times 31 August, 6A.
- 2001) Florence Nightingale and the early origins of evidence-based nursing. Evidence-Based Nursing 4(3), 68–69. (
- 2004) Florence Nightingale on Public Health Care. Wilfrid Laurier University Press, Waterloo. , ed. (
- 2009) Florence Nightingale on Extending Nursing. Wilfrid Laurier University Press, Waterloo. , ed. (
- 2010) Florence Nightingale at First Hand. Continuum Publishing, London. (
- 2012) Nightingale and Seacole: Nursing's Bitter Rivalry. History Today 62(9), 10–16. (
- National Portrait Gallery Press Release (2006) Royal Mail Celebrates National Portrait Gallery's 150th Anniversary with Stamp Issue of Great Britons, 18 July
- Nightingale Society (2012) Letters to Royal College of Nursing. Retrieved from http://nightingalesociety.com/correspondence/#rcn on 5 November and 10 December 2012 and to Unison Retrieved from http://nightingalesociety.com/correspondence/#unison on 25 September 2012.
- 2013) Leadership training is better late than never. Nursing Standard 27(36). Retrieved from http://nursingstandard.rcnpublishing.co.uk/news-and-opinion/editorial/leadership-training-is-better-late-than-never on 8 May 2013. (
- 1857) Wonderful Adventures of Mrs Seacole in Many Lands (W.J.S. ed.). James Blackwood, London. (
- 1858) Medical and Surgical History of the British Army. Harrison, London. (
- 1984) Editorial: Mary Jane Seacole 1805-1881: A Black British Nurse. Journal of Advanced Nursing 9, 427–28. (
- 2007) Why is There so much Controversy about Mary Seacole's memorial? Nursing Standard 21(36), 32. (
- 1857) Soyer's Culinary Campaign. G. Routledge, London. (
- 1868) The West Indies and the Spanish Main. Frank Cass, London. (