The first author is at the Credit Management Research Centre, Leeds University Business School, UK. The second author is at the Centre for Management Buy-out Research, Imperial College Business School, London, UK, and the University of Ghent, Belgium. The authors are grateful to an anonymous referee and the Editor for helpful comments and suggestions on earlier drafts of the paper. Thanks to Viral Acharya, Ulf Axelson, Douglas Cumming, Julian Franks, Steve Kaplan, Josh Lerner, Donald Siegel, Per Stromberg, Steve Thompson and participants at the Second Private Equity Conference, London Business School, June 2009 and the Essec Conference, Paris, June 2010. (Paper received October, 2011; revised version accepted May, 2013).
Private Equity, Buy-outs and Insolvency Risk
Article first published online: 21 OCT 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 40, Issue 7-8, pages 949–990, September/October 2013
How to Cite
Wilson, N. and Wright, M. (2013), Private Equity, Buy-outs and Insolvency Risk. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 40: 949–990. doi: 10.1111/jbfa.12042
- Issue published online: 21 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 21 OCT 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!