The first author is at the University of Edinburgh Business School. The second author is at the ESSEC Business School. The authors would like to thank Steve Young, Associate Editor, and an anonymous referee for very insightful comments that greatly improved the paper. Further, the authors thank Jannine Poletti for discussing many of the main ideas of this paper, which would never have been written without her input. The authors are also very grateful to Andy Snell, Jens Hagendorff and Seth Armitage for their detailed and thoughtful comments, and would also like to thank Bryan Meyers, Chris Carter, Abhay Abhyankar and David Belsey for extremely useful conversations. Thanks are also due to seminar participants at the University of York, especially Fabrizio Iacone, and the University of Edinburgh for their insightful comments and suggestions. Paul André acknowledges financial support from the ESSEC KPMG Financial Reporting Centre.(Paper received December, 2011; revised version accepted May, 2013).
Board Effectiveness and Short Termism
Version of Record online: 31 OCT 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 41, Issue 1-2, pages 185–209, January/February 2014
How to Cite
Gonzalez, A. and André, P. (2014), Board Effectiveness and Short Termism. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 41: 185–209. doi: 10.1111/jbfa.12045
- Issue online: 24 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 31 OCT 2013
- ESSEC KPMG Financial Reporting Centre
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!