Christian Andres is at WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, Burgplatz 2, 56179 Vallendar, Germany. Inga van den Bongard is at the University of Mannheim, Schloss, 68131 Mannheim, Germany. Mirco Lehmann is at the University of Bonn, Adenauerallee 24–42, 53113 Bonn, Germany. The authors would like to thank an anonymous referee, the Editor (Martin Walker), Ingolf Dittmann, Kevin McLaughlin, Ernst Maug, Stefan Petry, Harley E. Ryan Jr., Erik Theissen, seminar participants at the University of Mannheim, the University of Innsbruck, the University of Hamburg, and the University of Rotterdam, participants of the 2009 European Financial Management Association Meeting in Milan, the 2009 Annual Meeting of the German Finance Association in Frankfurt, and the 2010 Annual Meeting of the Financial Management Association in New York for their helpful comments. (Paper received January, 2013, revised version accepted October, 2013).
Is Busy Really Busy? Board Governance Revisited
Article first published online: 17 DEC 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 40, Issue 9-10, pages 1221–1246, November/December 2013
How to Cite
Andres, C., van den Bongard, I. and Lehmann, M. (2013), Is Busy Really Busy? Board Governance Revisited. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 40: 1221–1246. doi: 10.1111/jbfa.12051
- Issue published online: 17 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 17 DEC 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!