The first author is an Associate Professor at IE Business School, Madrid, Spain. The second author is a Professor at IE Business School, Madrid, Spain. The authors are grateful for helpful comments from Santhosh Ramalingegowda, Robert Watson, Steve Crawford, Juan Manuel Garcia-Lara, Belen Gil-de-Albornoz and conference participants at the AAA annual meeting (Washington, DC), the Jornadas de Economia Industrial annual meeting (Carlos III, Madrid) and the EAA annual meeting (Rotterdam). The authors would also like to thank the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation (grant n. ECO2010-17625 and SEJ2007-67582-CO2-01).
Product Market Competition, Information and Earnings Management
Article first published online: 31 MAR 2014
© 2014 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting
Volume 41, Issue 5-6, pages 572–599, June/July 2014
How to Cite
Markarian, G. and Santalo´, J. (2014), Product Market Competition, Information and Earnings Management. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 41: 572–599. doi: 10.1111/jbfa.12064
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 31 MAR 2014
- Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation. Grant Numbers: ECO2010-17625, SEJ2007-67582-CO2-01
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!