Funding for the GWTG-HF program is provided by the American Heart Association. The GWTG-HF program is supported in part by Medtronic, Ortho-McNeil, and the American Heart Association Pharmaceuticals Roundtable. GWTG-HF was funded in the past by GlaxoSmithKline. This analysis was funded by the GWTG Young Investigator Database Research Seed Grant. The sponsors of GWTG-HF had no role in the design or conduct of the study or the management, analysis, or interpretation of the data. P.L. Hess was funded by NIH T-32 training grant HL069749-09.
Age Differences in the Use of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators Among Older Patients Hospitalized with Heart Failure
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology
Volume 24, Issue 6, pages 664–671, June 2013
How to Cite
HESS, P. L., GRAU-SEPULVEDA, M. V., HERNANDEZ, A. F., PETERSON, E. D., BHATT, D. L., SCHWAMM, L. H., YANCY, C. W., FONAROW, G. C., AL-KHATIB, S. M. and for the Get with The Guidelines Steering Committee and Hospitals (2013), Age Differences in the Use of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators Among Older Patients Hospitalized with Heart Failure. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 24: 664–671. doi: 10.1111/jce.12100
E.D. Peterson reports participation on research grants supported by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, and Boehringer Ingelheim. D.L. Bhatt. reports participation on research grants supported by Amarin, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, Eisai, Ethicon, Medtronic, Sanofi Aventis, The Medicines Company, as well as unfunded support from FlowCo, PLx Pharma, and Takeda. G.C. Fonarow serves as consultant/advisory board member of Novartis, Medtronic, and Gambro. Other authors: No disclosures.
- Issue published online: 4 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 JAN 2013 04:22AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 21 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.