S.B. was supported by a grant from the European Heart Rhythm Association.
A Prospective Randomized Single-Center Study on the Risk of Asymptomatic Cerebral Lesions Comparing Irrigated Radiofrequency Current Ablation with the Cryoballoon and the Laser Balloon
Article first published online: 18 APR 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology
Volume 24, Issue 8, pages 869–874, August 2013
How to Cite
SCHMIDT, B., GUNAWARDENE, M., KRIEG, D., BORDIGNON, S., FÜRNKRANZ, A., KULIKOGLU, M., HERRMANN, W. and CHUN, K.R. J. (2013), A Prospective Randomized Single-Center Study on the Risk of Asymptomatic Cerebral Lesions Comparing Irrigated Radiofrequency Current Ablation with the Cryoballoon and the Laser Balloon. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 24: 869–874. doi: 10.1111/jce.12151
B.S. and K.R.J.C. received research grants and speaker honoraria from CardioFocus and are both consultants to Medtronic. A.F. is a consultant to Medtronic. Other authors: No disclosures.
CLINICAL TRIAL REGISTRATION: (https://drks-neu.uniklinik-freiburg.de/drks_web/; study number 00000782).
- Issue published online: 22 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 MAR 2013 08:59PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 8 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 FEB 2013
- European Heart Rhythm Association
This article has been cited by:
- 5Adenosine testing after second-generation balloon devices (cryothermal and laser) mediated pulmonary vein ablation for atrial fibrillation, Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology, 2014, 41, 1, 91, , , , , ,
- 8Does periprocedural anticoagulation management of atrial fibrillation affect the prevalence of silent thromboembolic lesion detected by diffusion cerebral magnetic resonance imaging in patients undergoing radiofrequency atrial fibrillation ablation with open irrigated catheters? Results from a prospective multicenter study, Heart Rhythm, 2014, 11, 5, 791, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 9Early cerebral thromboembolic complications after radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation: Incidence, characteristics, and risk factors, Heart Rhythm, 2014, 11, 11, 1934, , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 10Influence of cardioversion on asymptomatic cerebral lesions following atrial fibrillation ablation, Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology, 2014, 40, 2, 129, , , , , , ,