Unrestricted grant from foundation Stiftung Institut für Herzinfarktforschung Ludwigshafen, Germany.
Cryoballoon versus RF Ablation in Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation: Results from the German Ablation Registry
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2013
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology
Volume 25, Issue 1, pages 1–7, January 2014
How to Cite
SCHMIDT, M., DORWARTH, U., ANDRESEN, D., BRACHMANN, J., KUCK, K.-H., KUNISS, M., LEWALTER, T., SPITZER, S., WILLEMS, S., SENGES, J., JÜNGER, C. and HOFFMANN, E. (2014), Cryoballoon versus RF Ablation in Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation: Results from the German Ablation Registry. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 25: 1–7. doi: 10.1111/jce.12267
U. Dorwarth declared compensation for participation on a speaker's bureau relevant to this topic but did not disclose the sponsor. D. Andresen participated on a research grant and received compensation for participation on a speaker's bureau relevant to this topic from Medtronic. M. Kuniss received honoraria and serves as a consultant/advisory board member to Medtronic. S. Spitzer received honoraria relevant to this topic and serves as a consultant/advisory board member to Medtronic. J. Senges received research support from Medtronic and Biotronik. E. Hoffman participated on the FREEZE Cohort Study, supported by Medtronic. Other authors: No disclosures.
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 AUG 2013 03:00PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 16 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 APR 2013
- Stiftung Institut für Herzinfarktforschung Ludwigshafen, Germany
- 16Heart Rhythm Society Task Force on Catheter and Surgical Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation. HRS/EHRA/ECAS Expert Consensus Statement on Catheter Surgical Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation: Recommendations for patient selection, procedural techniques, patient management and follow-up, definitions, endpoints and research trial designs. A Report of the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) Task Force on Catheter and Surgical Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation. Heart Rhythm 2012;9:632-696., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , :
- 18Validation of a new simple scale to measure symptoms in atrial fibrillation. The Canadian Cardiovascular Society Severity in Atrial Fibrillation Scale. Circulation 2009;2:218-224., , , , , , , , , , :
- 21Pulmonary venous isolation by antral ablation with a large cryoballoon for treatment of paroxysmal and persistent atrial fibrillation: Medium-term outcomes and non-randomised comparison with pulmonary venous isolation by radiofrequency ablation. Heart 2010;96:1379-1384., , , , , , , , , , , , :
- 22Atrial fibrillation ablation: A single center comparison between remote magnetic navigation, cryoballoon and conventional manual pulmonary vein isolation. Ind Pacing Electro 2010;10:486-495., , , , , , , , , :