This study was sponsored and funded by St. Jude Medical, Sylmar, CA.
Programming Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators in Patients with Primary Prevention Indication to Prolong Time to First Shock: Results from the PROVIDE Study
Article first published online: 24 SEP 2013
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology
Volume 25, Issue 1, pages 52–59, January 2014
How to Cite
SAEED, M., HANNA, I., ROBOTIS, D., STYPEREK, R., POLOSAJIAN, L., KHAN, A., ALONSO, J., NABUTOVSKY, Y. and NEASON, C. (2014), Programming Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators in Patients with Primary Prevention Indication to Prolong Time to First Shock: Results from the PROVIDE Study. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 25: 52–59. doi: 10.1111/jce.12273
Y. Nabutovsky and C. Neason are employees of St. Jude Medical and hold stock options in the company. R. Styperek owns some stock in St. Jude Medical. Other authors: No disclosures.
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 24 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 AUG 2013 10:36AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 14 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUL 2013
- St. Jude Medical, Sylmar, CA
- 8Prospective randomized multicenter trial of empirical antitachycardia pacing versus shocks for spontaneous rapid ventricular tachycardia in patients with implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: Pacing Fast Ventricular Tachycardia Reduces Shock Therapies (PainFREE Rx II) trial results. Circulation 2004;110:2591-2596., , , , , , , , , , :
- 10Strategic programming of detection and therapy parameters in implantable cardioverter-defibrillators reduces shocks in primary prevention patients: Results from the PREPARE (Primary Prevention Parameters Evaluation) study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008;52:541-550., , , , , , , , , , , :
- 17Collett D: Modelling. Survival Data in Medical Research, 2nd ed. Chapman and Hall, Boca Raton, FL.
- 18Comparison between atrial fibrillation-triggered implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) shocks and inappropriate shocks caused by lead failure: Different impact on prognosis in clinical practice. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2012;23:735-740., , , , , :