Randomized Study of Antihypertensive Efficacy and Safety of Combination Aliskiren/Valsartan vs Valsartan Monotherapy in Hypertensive Participants With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Article first published online: 26 OCT 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 15, Issue 2, pages 92–100, February 2013
How to Cite
Bakris, G. L., Oparil, S., Purkayastha, D., Yadao, A. M., Alessi, T. and Sowers, J. R. (2013), Randomized Study of Antihypertensive Efficacy and Safety of Combination Aliskiren/Valsartan vs Valsartan Monotherapy in Hypertensive Participants With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 15: 92–100. doi: 10.1111/jch.12032
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 26 OCT 2012
- Manuscript received: July 17, 2012; revised: September 11, 2012; accepted: September 13, 2012
- 7European Medicines Agency starts review of aliskiren-containing medicines following termination of ALTITUDE study. European Medicines Agency. http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index.jsp?curl=pages/news_and_events/news/2011/12/news_detail_001417.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac058004d5c1. Accessed May 9, 2012.
- 9Safety and tolerability of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor versus the combination of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and angiotensin receptor blocker in patients with left ventricular dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Card Fail.2008;14:181–188., , .
- 11Recommendations for blood pressure measurement in humans and experimental animals: Part 1: blood pressure measurement in humans: a statement for professionals from the Subcommittee of Professional and Public Education of the American Heart Association Council on High Blood Pressure Research. Hypertension.2005;45:142–161., , , et al.