Efficacy/Safety of a Fixed-Dose Amlodipine/Olmesartan Medoxomil–Based Treatment Regimen in Hypertensive Blacks and Non-Blacks With Uncontrolled BP on Prior Antihypertensive Monotherapy
Article first published online: 1 FEB 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 247–253, April 2013
How to Cite
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2013;00:00–00. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Issue published online: 3 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 1 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 7 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 JUL 2012
- Daiichi Sankyo, Inc
- 1ACCF/AHA 2011 expert consensus document on hypertension in the elderly: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus documents developed in collaboration with the American Academy of Neurology, American Geriatrics Society, American Society for Preventive Cardiology, American Society of Hypertension, American Society of Nephrology, Association of Black Cardiologists, and European Society of Hypertension. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;57:2037–2114., , , et al.
- 5High blood pressure: the foundation for epidemic cardiovascular disease in African populations. Ethn Dis. 2003;13(2 Suppl 2):S48–S52., , .
- 7Cardiovascular disease risk factor clustering among African American adults. Ethn Dis. 2011;21:129–134., , , et al.
- 8A titrate-to-goal study of switching patients uncontrolled on antihypertensive monotherapy to fixed-dose combinations of amlodipine and olmesartan medoxomil ± hydrochlorothiazide. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2011;13:404–412., , , et al.
- 9Recommendations for blood pressure measurement in humans and experimental animals: part 1: blood pressure measurement in humans: a statement for professionals from the Subcommittee of Professional and Public Education of the American Heart Association Council on High Blood Pressure Research. Circulation. 2005;111:697–716., , , et al.
- 11Mean systolic and diastolic blood pressure in adults aged 18 and over in the United States, 2001–2008. Natl Health Stat Rep. 2011;35:1–22, 24., , , et al.
- 13Environmental, societal and genetic contributions to hypertension in African Americans. Curr Cardiovasc Risk Rep. 2008;2:181–186..
- 15Management of hypertension in African Americans. US Cardiol. 2009;6:59–62..
- 20Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vital Signs: prevalence, treatment, and control of hypertension – United States, 1999–2002 and 2005–2008. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011;60:103–108.