Clinical Trials in New Drug Development
Article first published online: 13 MAR 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 15, Issue 5, pages 306–309, May 2013
How to Cite
Turner, J. Rick. and Hoofwijk, T. J. (2013), Clinical Trials in New Drug Development. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 15: 306–309. doi: 10.1111/jch.12085
- Issue published online: 24 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 13 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 21 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 2013
- 2Introduction to Statistics in Pharmaceutical Clinical Trials. London: Pharmaceutical Press; 2008., .
- 4FDA. The Sentinel Initiative: National strategy for monitoring medical product safety. May 2008. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Safety/FDAsSentinelInitiative/UCM124701.pdf. Accessed January 14, 2013.
- 5Consumer Organizations. In: Inman WHW, ed. Monitoring for Drug Safety, 2nd ed. Hingham, MA: MTP Press; 1986:699–704..
- 8FDA Web site. http://www.fda.gov/. Accessed January 14, 2013.
- 9EMA Web site. http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/. Accessed January 14, 2013.
- 10PMDA Web site. http://www.pmda.go.jp/english/index.html. Accessed January 14, 2013.
- 11ICH Web site. www.ich.org. Accessed January 9, 2013.
- 12ICH Guideline E8: General Considerations for Clinical Trials. July 1997. http://www.ich.org/fileadmin/Public_Web_Site/ICH_Products/Guidelines/Efficacy/E8/Step4/E8_Guideline.pdf. Accessed January 9, 2013.
- 13TargetHunter: an in silico target identification tool for predicting therapeutic potential of small organic molecules based on chemogenomic database. AAPS J. 2013 Jan 5; [Epub ahead of print]., , , et al.
- 14Preclinical Development Handbook. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons; 2008.ed.
- 15New Drug Development: An Introduction to Clinical Trials, 2nd ed. New York: Springer; 2010..
- 16EMA. Guideline on clinical investigation of medicinal products in the treatment of hypertension. November 2010. http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Scientific_guideline/2010/12/WC500100191.pdf. Accessed January 16, 2013.
- 18The Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Program (SHEP) Cooperative Research Group. Rationale and design of a randomized clinical trial on prevention of stroke in isolated systolic hypertension. J Clin Epidemiol. 1988;41:1197–1208.
- 22Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. The Future of Drug Safety: Promoting and Protecting the Health of the Public. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2007.
- 23Pharmacoepidemiology, 4th ed. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons; 2005..