Predictors of Uncontrolled Hypertension in the Stroke Belt
Article first published online: 9 MAY 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 15, Issue 8, pages 562–569, August 2013
How to Cite
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2013;15:562–569. ©2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Issue published online: 24 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 9 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 22 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 23 JAN 2013
- 1Final data for 2006. National Center for Health Statistics. Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2009;57:1–134., , , et al.
- 3The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Health, United States, 2008, With Special Feature on the Health of Young Adults. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2009. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/hus.htm. Accessed September 1, 2011.
- 4Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National High Blood Pressure Education Program Coordinating Committee. Seventh report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. Hypertension. 2003;42:1206–1252., , , et al;
- 5National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. National High Blood Pressure Education Program: Program Description. Available at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/about/nhbpep/nhbp_pd.htm. Accessed September 1, 2011.
- 8ACCF/AHA 2011 expert consensus document on hypertension in the elderly: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents developed in collaboration with the American Academy of Neurology, American Geriatrics Society, American Society for Preventive Cardiology, American Society of Hypertension, American Society of Nephrology, Association of Black Cardiologists, and European Society of Hypertension. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;57:2037–2114., , , et al.
- 13Gender differences in the prevalence of hypertension in a representative sample of Iranian population: the Isfahan Healthy Heart Program. Acta Biomed. 2011;82:223., , , et al.
- 24Investigating the critical situation in hypertension management: is physician inertia putting patients at increased cardiovascular risk? (Share Survey): 4B. 06. J Hypertens. 2010;28:e210–e211., , , et al.
- 29Mortality and cardiovascular events are best predicted by low central/peripheral pulse pressure amplification but not by high blood pressure levels in elderly nursing home subjects: the PARTAGE (Predictive Values of Blood Pressure and Arterial Stiffness in Institutionalized Very Aged Population) study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;60:1503–1511., , , et al.
- 35ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group: success and predictors of blood pressure control in diverse North American settings: the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). J Clin Hypertens. 2002;4:393–404., , , et al.
- 37Older adult medication compliance: integrated review of randomized controlled trials. Am J Health Behav. 2006;30:636–650., , .
- 39Access 2010 Bible. Indianapolis, IN: Wiley Publishing Inc; 2010..
- 40SPSS Inc. PASW Statistics 18 Guide to Data Analysis. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson; 2011.,
- 42Predictors of uncontrolled hypertension and antihypertension medication adherence. J Cardiovasc Dis Res. 2011;1:196–202., , , et al.
- 50Physician role in lack of awareness and control of hypertension. J Clin Hypertens. 2000;2:324–330., , .