Blood Pressure Control in a Hypertension Telemedicine Intervention: Does Distance to Primary Care Matter?
Article first published online: 23 JUL 2013
©2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 15, Issue 10, pages 723–730, October 2013
How to Cite
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2013;15:723–730. ©2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Issue published online: 1 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 23 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 13 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 MAY 2013
- Office of Academic Affairs
- VA National Quality Scholars Fellowship
- VA Health Services Research and Development career scientist award. Grant Numbers: IIR 04-426, 08-027
- 4Matching Supply to Demand: Addressing the US Primary Care Workforce Shortage. 2011; http://www.nihcr.org/PCP_Workforce.pdf. Accessed July 3, 2012., , .
- 6American Telemedicine Association. Telemedicine Defined. 2012; http://www.americantelemed.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3333. Accessed July 3, 2012.
- 7Telemedicine: A Guide to Assessing Telecommunications in Health Care. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 1996., ed.
- 8Telemedicine for the Medicare Population: Update. Rockville: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2006., , , et al.
- 9A re-conceptualization of access for 21st century healthcare. J Gen Intern Med. 2011;26(Suppl 2):639–647., , , et al.
- 12Home blood pressure management and improved blood pressure control: results from a randomized controlled trial. Arch Intern Med. 2011;171:1173–1180., , , et al.
- 14Stata utilities for geocoding and generating travel time and travel distance information. Stata Journal. 2011;11:106–119., .
- 18Diagnosis and Mangement of Hypertension in the Primary Care Setting. 2004; http://www.healthquality.va.gov/Hypertension_Clinical_practice_Guideline.asp. Accessed September 20, 2011.
- 19Stata Statistical Software Release 10 [computer program]. College Station, TX: StataCorp LP; 2007.
- 22Two self-management interventions to improve hypertension control: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2009;151:687–695., , , et al.
- 27Rural-urban differences in usual source of care and ambulatory service use: analyses of national data using Urban Influence Codes. Med Care. 2003;41(Suppl 7):III65–III74., .
- 29Quality of care for cardiometabolic disease: associations with mental disorder and rurality. Med Care. 2010;48:72–78., , , et al.
- 32The VHA Office of Rural Health 2012. http://www.ruralhealth.va.gov/index.asp. Accessed June 26, 2012.
- 33Distance is relative: unpacking a principal barrier in rural healthcare. J Gen Intern Med. 2011;26(Suppl 2):648–654., , , et al.
- 35American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), American College of Physicians (ACP), American Osteopathic Association (AOA). Joint Principles of the Patient-Centered Medical Home. 2007; http://www.acponline.org/running_practice/pcmh/demonstrations/jointprinc_05_17.pdf. Accessed May 15, 2012.
- 36American College of Physicians. The Advanced Medical Home: A Patient-Centered, Physician-Guided Model of Health Care. 2006; http://www.acponline.org/advocacy/where_we_stand/policy/adv_med.pdf. Accessed May 15, 2012.
- 38Encounter frequency and serum glucose level, blood pressure, and cholesterol level control in patients with diabetes mellitus. Arch Intern Med. 2011;171:1542–1550., , .