- Top of page
- Stepped-Care Combination Therapy Promotes More Rapid Control and Improves Access
- What About the ACCOMPLISH Trial?
- HCTZ/ACE Inhibitor Combination Allows Inclusion of Patients With CKD and Diabetes
- HCTZ/ACE Inhibitor Combination Allows Inclusion of All Races and Age Groups
- Rationale for Spironolactone Dosing in the Kaiser Hypertension Treatment Algorithm
- Research Gaps
- Take all Hypertensive Medications Together Once Daily in the Morning When You Brush Your Teeth
- Conclusions: Simplicity Works
A simple hypertension treatment algorithm has contributed to the achievement of control rates greater than 85% for more than 1 million adults with hypertension across the United States. It is built on the fixed-dose combination drug lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide, which is maximized in three steps before adding amlodipine. Spironolactone is the preferred fourth drug.