Commentary in Support of a Highly Effective Hypertension Treatment Algorithm
Article first published online: 7 AUG 2013
©2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 15, Issue 12, pages 874–877, December 2013
How to Cite
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2013;15:874–877. DOI: 10.1111/jch.12182. ©2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 7 AUG 2013
- 1Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; National High Blood Pressure Education Program Coordinating Committee. Seventh report. Hypertension. 2003;42:1206–1252., , , et al;
- 2National Clinical Guideline Centre. Hypertension. Clinical Management of Primary Hypertension in Adults. London, UK:National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE); 2011. 36 (Clinical guideline; no. 127).
- 3The 2012 Canadian hypertension education program recommendations for the management of hypertension: blood pressure measurement, diagnosis, assessment of risk, and therapy. Can J Cardiol. 2012;28:27., , , et al.
- 4NCQA. Quality Compass® 2012. Available at: http://www.ncqa.org/HEDISQualityMeasurement/QualityMeasurementProducts/QualityCompass.aspx (Accessed June 18, 2013).
- 9Morbidity and mortality in patients randomized to double-blind treatment with a long-acting calcium-channel blocker or diuretic in the International Nifedipine GITS study: intervention as a goal in Hypertension Treatment (INSIGHT). Lancet. 2000;356:366–372., , , et al.
- 12Closing the gap between cardiovascular and cancer mortality in an integrated health care delivery system, 2000–2008: the Kaiser Permanente experience. Circulation. 2008;124:21S; A13610., , , et al.
- 13National Kidney Foundation. KDOQI clinical practice guidelines on hypertension antihypertensive agents in chronic kidney disease. Am J Kidney Dis. 2004;43(Suppl 1):S1–S290.
- 15Systemic hypertension and nondiabetic chronic kidney disease: the best evidence-based therapeutic approach today. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2005;9:1–12..
- 17KDOQI clinical practice guidelines clinical practice recommendations for diabetes chronic kidney disease. Am J Kidney Dis. 2007;49(Suppl 2):S12–S154.
- 27Life-threatening hyperkalemia during a combined therapy with the angiotensin receptor blocker candesartan and spironolactone. Kobe J Med Sci. 2005;51:1–6., , , et al.
- 29Dosing frequency and medication adherence in chronic disease. J Manag Care Pharm. 2012;18:527–539., , , et al.