Changes in Hypertension Treatment in the Yaroslavl Region of Russia: Improvements Observed Between 2 Cross-Sectional Surveys
Article first published online: 9 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc on behalf of the American Society of Hypertension, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 15, Issue 12, pages 918–924, December 2013
How to Cite
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2013;15:918–924. DOI: 10.1111/jch.12214. ©2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 9 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 21 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 25 JUN 2013
- Novartis Pharma LLC Russia
- Novartis International AG, Basel, Switzerland
- 1Russian Federal Service of State Statistics. Healthcare in Russia [Russian]. 2011. Russia: http://www.gks.ru/bgd/regl/b11_34/IssWWW.exe/Stg/d01/01-86.htm; Yaroslavl: http://www.gks.ru/bgd/regl/b11_34/IssWWW.exe/Stg/d01/01-94.htm. Accessed March 18, 2013.
- 2Arterial hypertension epidemiology in Russia; the results of 2003–2010 federal monitoring. Cardiovasc Ther Prev. 2011;10:9–13., , , et al.
- 3The Health and Social Care Information Centre. Hypertension. In: Health Survey for England 2011: Health, Social Care and Lifestyles: Summary of Key Findings. Leeds, UK: The Health and Social Care Information Centre; 2012:1–34.
- 4Hypertension Among Adults in the United States, 2009–2010. NCHS data brief, no 107. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics. 2012., , , .
- 6Blood pressure in Canadian adults. Health Rep. 2010;21:37–46., , , et al.
- 8Canadian efforts to prevent and control hypertension. Can J Cardiol. 2010;26(Suppl C):14C–17C., .
- 11For the Experts Committee, Russian Medical Society of Hypertension and Russian Scientific Society of Cardiology. Diagnostics and treatment of arterial hypertension. Russian Guidelines (4th review): Systemic Hypertension. 2010;3:5–26., , , et al.
- 13Antihypertensive drug persistence and compliance among newly treated elderly hypertensives in Ontario. Am J Med. 2010;123:173–181., , , et al.
- 18World Health Organization Executive Board. Draft action plan for the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases 2013–2020. 11 January 2013. http://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB132/B132_7-en.pdf. Accessed August 19, 2013.
- 21Premature cardiovascular mortality in Russia in the light of population- and individual-level evidence. In: Weidner G, Kopp SM, Kristenson M, eds. Heart Disease: Environment, Stress and Gender. Nato Science Series, Series I: Life and Behavioural Sciences, vol. 327. Amsterdam: NATO; 2001:39–68., , .
- 22Mortality reversal in Russia: the story so far. Hygiea Internationalis. 2004;4:29–80., , , et al.
- 30The Permanente Medical Group. The Kaiser Permanente Northern California Hypertension Project 2001–2009: how an integrated care delivery system increased blood pressure control rates from 44% to 80% in 8 years. [abstract OR-13.]. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2011;13(Suppl 1):A6., .