A Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing the Effects of Yoga With an Active Control on Ambulatory Blood Pressure in Individuals With Prehypertension and Stage 1 Hypertension
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2014
©2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 16, Issue 1, pages 54–62, January 2014
How to Cite
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2014;16:54–62. ©2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 1 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 SEP 2013
- National Institute of General Medical Sciences. Grant Number: 1SC3GM088049-01A1
- 2Vital signs: prevalence, treatment, and control of hypertension, United States, 1999–2002 and 2005–2008. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011;60:103–108., , , et al.
- 4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website. High blood pressure facts. 2012. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/facts.htm. Accessed August 13, 2012.
- 8Risk indices associated with the insulin resistance syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and possible protection with yoga: a systematic review. J Am Board Fam Pract. 2005;18:491–519., , .
- 14American Heart Association Professional Education Committee of the Council for High Blood Pressure Research CoC, Stroke Nursing CoE, Prevention, Council on Nutrition PA: beyond medications and diet: alternative approaches to lowering blood pressure: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Hypertension. 2013;61:1360–1383., , , et al.
- 25Psychological and Physiological Influences of Hatha Yoga Training on Healthy, Exercising Adults (Yoga, Stress, Wellness)[Dissertation]. Boston, MA: Boston University; 1999..
- 26Physical and perceptual benefits of yoga asana practice: results of a pilot study. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2005;9:211–219., .
- 27Yoga Mala. New York: North Point Press; 1999..
- 31Effects of yoga and supervised integrated exercise on heart rate variability and blood pressure in hypertensive patients. JCCM. 2009;4:139–143., , , et al.
- 32Non-pharmacological interventions in hypertension: a community-based cross-over randomized controlled trial. Indian J Community Med. 2011;36:191–196., , , et al.
- 33Community-based randomized controlled trial of non-pharmacological interventions in prevention and control of hypertension among young adults. Indian J Community Med. 2009;34:329–334., , , et al.