Formation of Community-Based Hypertension Practice Networks: Success, Obstacles, and Lessons Learned
Article first published online: 26 MAR 2014
©2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Journal of Clinical Hypertension
Volume 16, Issue 6, pages 393–397, June 2014
How to Cite
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2014;16:393–397. DOI: 10.1111/jch.12310. ©2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Issue published online: 14 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 26 MAR 2014
- Centers for Disease Control
- Community Transformation Grant thru the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- State of South Carolina
- NIH. Grant Numbers: HL105880, NS058728, HL091841
- 1Community Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to Community-Preventive Services—Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Control: Team-Based Care to Improve Blood Pressure Control. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC; 2012. http://www.thecommunityguide.org/cvd/teambasedcare.html. Accessed March 1, 2014.
- 2Vital signs: awareness and treatment of uncontrolled hypertension among adults – United States, 2003–2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012;61:703–710., , , et al.
- 6Heart disease and stroke statistics-2010 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2009;121:e46–e215., , , et al.
- 9NIH Roadmap: Reengineering the Clinical Research Enterprise Regional Translational Research Centers Interim Report http://commonfund.nih.gove/pdf/rtrc_interimreport.pdf 2004. Accessed March 1, 2014.
- 14A short history of primary care practice-based research networks: from concept to essential research laboratories. J Am Board Fam Med. 2006;19:1–10., .
- 15A primary care practice-based research networks: working at the interface between research and quality improvement. Ann Fam Med. 2005;3:S12–S20., .
- 22Why does the quality of health care continue to lag? Insights from management research. Acad Manag Perspect. 2009:24–42.., , , .
- 27Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Million Hearts Initiative. Available at: http://millionheartshhsgov/about_mhhtml Accessed June 13, 2013.
- 28Wisconsin Department of Health Services Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance SurveySystem Available at: http://wwwdhswisconsingov/stats/BRFShtm Accessed June 13, 2013.
- 35Wisconsin Department of Health Services Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program. Available at: http://wwwdhswisconsingov/health/cardiovascular/. Accessed May 6, 2013.