Identity of tendon stem cells – how much do we know?
Version of Record online: 28 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine Published by Foundation for Cellular and Molecular Medicine/Blackwell Publishing Ltd
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 55–64, January 2013
How to Cite
Lui, P. P. Y. (2013), Identity of tendon stem cells – how much do we know?. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 17: 55–64. doi: 10.1111/jcmm.12007
- Issue online: 29 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 28 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 JUL 2012
- Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities
- General Research Fund from the University Grant Council. Grant Number: 471411
- 4Characterization and differentiation of equine tendon-derived progenitor cells. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2011; 25: S75–84., , , et al.
- 15Expression of chondro-osteogenic BMPs in clinical samples of patellar tendinopathy. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2012; 35: 1099–107., , , et al.
- 27Pericyte differentiation. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1995; 313: 81–91., , , et al.
- 28The pericyte as a possible osteoblast progenitor cell. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1992; 275: 287–99., , , et al.
- 33Defining adipose tissue-derived stem cells in tissue and in culture. Histol Histopathol. 2010; 25: 807–15., , , et al.
- 40Characterizing progenitor status of cells within the mouse Achilles tendon. In Proceedings of 57th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, 13th-16th Jan, 2011, Long Beach, California, USA., .
- 41Characterization of tendon stem / progenitor cells in tendon tissue in vivo. In Proceedings of 58th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, 4th-7th Feb, 2012, San Francisco, California, USA., , .
- 44Regional differences in stem cell/progenitor cell populations from the mouse Achilles tendon. Tissue Eng Part A. 2012; doi 10.1089/ten.TEA.2012.0182., , .
- 46Mitochondria, 2nd edn. New York: Wiley-Liss; 2008. 168–223..
- 56Mechanical response of tendon stem cells: implications of tendon homeostasis and pathogenesis of tendinopathy. J Orthop Res. 2010; 28: 639–43., .
- 60Expression of Wnt pathway mediators in metaplasic tissue in animal model and clinical samples of tendinopathy – Potential effects of Wnts on the erroneous differentiation of tendon-derived stem cells (TDSCs) in the pathogenesis. In Proceedings of 58th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, 4th-7th Feb, 2012, San Francisco, California, USA., , , et al.
- 64Tendon cells in vivo form a three dimensional network of cell processes linked by gap junctions. J Anat. 1996; 189: 593–600., , , et al.
- 66Telocytes and heart renewing. In: Wang P, Kuo CH, Takeda N, Singal PK, editors. Adaptation biology and medicine. New Delhi: Narosa; 2011. pp. 17–39., , , et al.
- 69Altered fate of tendon-derived stem cells (TDSCs) isolated from a failed tendon healing animal model of tendinopathy. Stem Cells Dev. 2012; doi: 10.1089/scd.2012.0555 [Epub ahead of print]., , , et al.
- 70Tendon-derived stem cells (TDSCs) isolated from the collagenase-induced failed healing animal model of tendinopathy exhibited higher sensitivity to the BMP/Smad signaling pathway. In Proceedings of 58th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, 4th-7th Feb, 2012, San Francisco, California, USA., , , et al.
- 71Tissue engineering of ligament and tendon healing. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1999; 367: S312–23., , , et al.
- 79Tracking of mesenchymal stem cells in tendon injuries following in vivo administration. In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Ligaments & Tendons (ISL&T)-XII, 3rd Feb, 2012, San Francisco, California, USA., , , et al.