Priming mesenchymal stem cells boosts stem cell therapy to treat myocardial infarction
Article first published online: 14 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Authors Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine Published by Foundation for Cellular and Molecular Medicine/Blackwell Publishing Ltd
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 5, pages 617–625, May 2013
How to Cite
Carvalho, J. L., Braga, V. B. A., Melo, M. B., Campos, A. C. D. A., Oliveira, M. S., Gomes, D. A., Ferreira, A. J., Santos, R. A. S. and Goes, A. M. (2013), Priming mesenchymal stem cells boosts stem cell therapy to treat myocardial infarction. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 17: 617–625. doi: 10.1111/jcmm.12036
- Issue published online: 27 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 14 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 JUL 2012
- NIH. Grant Number: 1R03TW008709
- 1World Health Organization. Factsheet number 371, September 2011. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs317/en/index.html, accessed in June 2012.
- 95-Azacytidine is insufficient for cardiogenesis in human adipose-derived stem cells. J Negat Results Biomed. 2012; 11:3., , , et al.
- 12Intracoronary administration of bone marrow-derived progenitor cells improves left ventricular function in patients at risk for adverse remodeling after acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: results of the Reinfusion of Enriched Progenitor cells And Infarct Remodeling in Acute Myocardial Infarction study (REPAIR-AMI) cardiac magnetic resonance imaging substudy. Am Heart J. 2009; 157: 541–7., , , et al.
- 16Reevaluation of in vitro differentiation protocols for bone marrow stromal cells: disruption of actin cytoskeleton induces rapid morphological changes and mimics neuronal phenotype. J Neurosci Res. 2004; 77: 192–204., , , et al.