Conflicts of interest The other authors declare no conflicts of interest for this article. J.M.P.A. van den Reek carries out clinical trials for Abbott and Janssen and has received reimbursement for attending a symposium from Janssen. P.P.M. van Lümig carries out clinical trials for Abbott and Janssen. P.P.M. van Lümig has received speaking and consulting fees from Wyeth and Schering-Plough and has received reimbursement for attending a symposium from Janssen, Schering-Plough and Pfizer. P.C.M. van de Kerkhof serves as a consultant for Schering-Plough, Celgene, Centocor, Allmirall, UCB, Wyeth, Pfizer, Sofinnova, Abbott, Actelion, Galderma, Novartis, Janssen-Cilag and LEO Pharma. P.C.M. van de Kerkhof receives research grants from Centocor, Wyeth, Schering-Plough, Merck Serono, Abbott and Philips Lighting. M.M.B. Seyger has served as a consultant for Wyeth, Pfizer and Abbott, and received grants from Wyeth, Pfizer and LeoPharma. E.M.G.J. de Jong served as a consultant for Biogen, Merck Serono, Wyeth and Abbott. E.M.G.J. de Jong has received research grants from or was involved in clinical trials from Schering-Plough, Abbott, Merck Serono, Wyeth, Centocor and Janssen-Cilag.
Increased incidence of squamous cell carcinoma of the skin after long-term treatment with azathioprine in patients with auto-immune inflammatory rheumatic diseases
Article first published online: 6 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology © 2012 European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 27–33, January 2014
How to Cite
van den Reek, J.M.P.A., van Lümig, P.P.M., Janssen, M., Schers, H.J., Hendriks, J.C.M., van de Kerkhof, P.C.M., Seyger, M.M.B. and de Jong, E.M.G.J. (2014), Increased incidence of squamous cell carcinoma of the skin after long-term treatment with azathioprine in patients with auto-immune inflammatory rheumatic diseases. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, 28: 27–33. doi: 10.1111/jdv.12041
Funding sources This was an investigator initiated study. The Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre was supported in part by UMC St Radboud Foundation, who received funding from Pfizer and Abbott for the project. Pfizer and Abbott played no role in the design and conduct of the study, data collection, data management, data analysis, interpretation of the data, manuscript preparation, manuscript review or manuscript approval.
- Issue published online: 17 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 6 DEC 2012
- Received: 26 June 2012; Accepted: 16 October 2012
- The Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.