Conflict of Interest The authors are employees of Beiersdorf AG. The sponsor has provided funding to support the work of this study.
4-n-butylresorcinol, a highly effective tyrosinase inhibitor for the topical treatment of hyperpigmentation
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology © 2012 European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Special Issue: The Hype about Hyperpigmentation. Update on Latest Research on Pathogenesis and Treatment Options of Hyperpigmentory Disorders as Melasma and Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation and the Evidence on a Novel Inhibitor of Human Tyrosinase: 4-n-Butylresorcinol
Volume 27, Issue Supplement s1, pages 19–23, January 2013
How to Cite
Kolbe, L., Mann, T., Gerwat, W., Batzer, J., Ahlheit, S., Scherner, C., Wenck, H. and Stäb, F. (2013), 4-n-butylresorcinol, a highly effective tyrosinase inhibitor for the topical treatment of hyperpigmentation. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, 27: 19–23. doi: 10.1111/jdv.12051
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2012
- 12Department of Health and Human Services. Food and Drug Administration. Skin Bleaching Drug Products For Over-the-Counter Human Use; Proposed Rule. 71 Federal Register 51146-5115521 (2006) (codified at 21 CFR Part 310).
- 18Scientific Committee on Consumer Products (SCCP). Opinion on β-arbutin. 15 April 2008. URL http://ec.europa.eu/health/archive/ph_risk/committees/04_sccp/docs/sccp_o_134.pdf (last accessed: 20 September 2012).
- 21Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety (SCCS), Opinion on kojic acid, 26–27 June 2012. URL http://ec.europa.eu/health/scientific_committees/consumer_safety/docs/sccs_o_098.pdf. (last accessed: 20 September 2012).
- 27Pigmentation reducing efficacy and tolerability of six new face care formulations containing 4-n-butylresorcinol, Poster No. P864, 21st EADV Congress, Prague, Czech Republic, , , , .