The recommendations set forth in this article have been prepared for dermatologists and reflect the best data available, including published reports and the experts' own experience, at the time this report was prepared. The results of future studies may require alteration of the conclusions or recommendations of this report. It may be necessary to depart from the recommendations in the interests of specific patients or under special circumstances. Just as adherence to these recommendations may not constitute a defence against a claim of negligence, so deviation from them should not necessarily be deemed negligent. Indications of MAL-PDT vary according to individual country approvals, and the consensus recommendations described here may not be approved in all countries.
Consensus recommendations for the treatment of basal cell carcinomas in Gorlin syndrome with topical methylaminolaevulinate-photodynamic therapy†
Article first published online: 13 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology © 2013 European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Volume 28, Issue 5, pages 626–632, May 2014
How to Cite
Basset-Seguin, N., Bissonnette, R., Girard, C., Haedersdal, M., Lear, J.T., Paul, C. and Piaserico, S. (2014), Consensus recommendations for the treatment of basal cell carcinomas in Gorlin syndrome with topical methylaminolaevulinate-photodynamic therapy. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, 28: 626–632. doi: 10.1111/jdv.12150
- Conflict of interest
- Conflict of interest
- NBS is a consultant and investigator for Galderma, Meda, Léo, Roche, Novartis. RB is a consultant and has received research grant or honorarium from Galderma, Photocure DUSA Pharmaceuticals. CG is a consultant for Galderma. MH has received research grant or honorarium from Almirall, Galderma, Leo Pharma, Pantec and Procter & Gamble. JTL has received honoraria for speaking and advisory boards from Almirall, Leo, Galderma, Gsk and Basilea. CP declares no conflict of interest. SP has received honoraria for speaking and advisory boards from Abbott, Jannsen-Cilag, Galderma, MSD, Novartis and Pfizer.
- Funding sources
- Funding sources
- The meeting was organized by Galderma during the XIIth Euro-PDT meeting in Copenhagen in May 2012. Dermatologists were invited based on their expertise with PDT and the fact that they had practical experience in treating patients with BCC. Dermatologists did not receive honorarium from Galderma or other sponsors for their participation in this consensus meeting.
- Issue published online: 22 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 13 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 19 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.