Conflict of interest
Identifying individual psychosocial and adherence support needs in patients with psoriasis: a multinational two-stage qualitative and quantitative study
Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Authors Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Volume 28, Issue 6, pages 763–770, June 2014
How to Cite
Bewley, A., Burrage, D. M., Ersser, S. J., Hansen, M. and Ward, C. (2014), Identifying individual psychosocial and adherence support needs in patients with psoriasis: a multinational two-stage qualitative and quantitative study. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, 28: 763–770. doi: 10.1111/jdv.12174
D. M. Burrage is a consultant for LEO Pharma. M Hansen is an employee of LEO Pharma. The other authors declare no conflicts of interest.
This study was supported by LEO Pharma.
- Issue online: 10 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 6 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 DEC 2012
- LEO Pharma
- 2Psoriasis is independently associated with psychiatric morbidity and adverse cardiovascular risk factors, but not with cardiovascular events in a population-based sample. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2010; 24: 885–892., .
- 4The psychological and social burdens of psoriasis. Dermatol Nurs 2005; 17: 15–19..
- 6Patients with psoriasis feel stigmatized. Acta Derm Venereol 2011; 92: 67–72., , et al.
- 12One to be taken as directed: reflections on non-adherence (non-compliance). J. Soc. Adm. Pharm. 1993; 10: 150–156..
- 25A pilot randomized controlled trial to examine the feasibility and efficacy of an educational nursing intervention to improve self-management practices in patients with mild-moderate psoriasis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2012; 26: 738–745., , et al.
- 26Concordance, adherence and compliance in medicine taking. Report for the National Co-ordinating Centre for NHS Service Delivery and Organisation R & D (NCCSDO). 2005. http://www.netscc.ac.uk/hsdr/files/project/SDO_FR_08-1412-076_V01.pdf (last accessed: 27 September 2012)., , et al.