This study was developed by an unrestricted grant from Pfizer Inc. Medical writing support was provided by Synergy Medical.
Psoriasis beyond the skin: an expert group consensus on the management of psoriatic arthritis and common co-morbidities in patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis
Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Volume 28, Issue 12, pages 1661–1669, December 2014
How to Cite
Strohal, R., Kirby, B., Puig, L. and the Psoriasis Expert Panel (G. Girolomoni, K. Kragballe, T. Luger, F.O. Nestle, J.C. Prinz, M. Ståhle, N. Yawalkar) (2014), Psoriasis beyond the skin: an expert group consensus on the management of psoriatic arthritis and common co-morbidities in patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, 28: 1661–1669. doi: 10.1111/jdv.12350
- Conflicts of interest
- Conflicts of interest
- Prim. Associate Prof. Robert Strohal serves on speaker bureaus for Pfizer, Schülke and Mayer, Lohmann and Rauscher, Meda Pharmaceuticals, Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Stockhausen, and Smith and Nephew. He has consulting agreements with Pfizer, Astellas, Novartis, Lohmann and Rauscher, Urgo, Chemomedica, Schülke and Mayer, and Pantec Biotechnologies. He receives research and educational grants from Pfizer, Stockhausen, 3M-Woundcare, Smith and Nephew, Lohmann and Rauscher, Enjo Commercials, Urgo, Chemomedica, and Schülke and Mayer. Prof. Brian Kirby receives research support/Principle Investigator (clinical trials) from Janssen, Abbvie, Serono and Pfizer. He acts as consultant for Merck Sharpe & Dohme (MSD), Pfizer, Janssen and Abbvie. He has received honoraria from Janssen, Pfizer, Abbvie, and has acted as a scientific advisory board member for Pfizer and Abbvie. Prof. Lluís Puig has participated as Principal Investigator in clinical trials sponsored by Abbvie, Amgen, Janssen, Lilly, Novartis, Pfizer and VBL. He has received consultancy/speaker honoraria from Abbvie, Amgen, Celgene, Janssen, Eli Lilly, Merck, Merck-Serono, Novartis and Pfizer. Prof. Giampiero Girolomoni has received honoraria for lectures, manuscript preparation, development of educational programmes and/or board membership, and has participated as Principal Investigator in clinical trials sponsored by Abbvie, Celgene, Galderma, Janssen, Eli Lilly, Merck-Serono, Otsuka, MSD, Novartis and Pfizer. Prof. Knud Kragballe has acted as an advisor, investigator and/or speaker for Abbott, Amgen, Janssen-Cilag, Leo-Pharma, MSD and Pfizer. Prof. Thomas Luger has participated as Principal Investigator in clinical trials sponsored by Novartis, Lilly, Pfizer and Janssen. He has received consultancy/speaker honoraria from Novartis, Abbvie, MEDA Pharma and Janssen, and has acted as scientific Advisory Board member for Abbvie, Celgene, Janssen, Pfizer, MEDA Pharma and Galderma. Prof. Frank Nestle has received consultancy/speaker honoraria from Abbvie, Celgene, Janssen, Novartis, Takeda and Pfizer. Prof. Prinz has served as a consultant, investigator, speaker or advisory board member for Biogen-Idec (formerly Biogen), Novartis, Wyeth, Pfizer, Merck-Serono (formerly Serono), Essex Pharma, MSD, Galderma, Centocor, Abbott, Janssen-Cilag/Janssen-Ortho. Furthermore, he has received an unrestricted research grant from Biogen-Idec and Wyeth in the past. Prof. Mona Ståhle has received consultancy/speaker honoraria from Janssen, Pfizer, Serono, Novartis and Abbvie. She has received unrestricted research support from Pfizer and Janssen. Prof. Nikhil Yawalkar has participated as Principal or Co-Investigator in clinical trials sponsored by Abbvie, Amgen, Novartis, MSD and Pfizer. He has received consultancy/speaker honoraria from Abbvie, Amgen, Janssen, Eli Lilly, MSD, Novartis and Pfizer.
- Funding source
- This study was developed by an unrestricted grant from Pfizer Inc.
- Issue online: 19 NOV 2014
- Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 AUG 2013
- Pfizer Inc
- 4The prevalence of rheumatologist-diagnosed psoriatic arthritis in psoriasis patients in European/North American dermatology clinics: Results of the PREPARE study. 3rd World Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis Conference; Stockholm, Sweden; 27 June–3 July,2012., , et al.
- 7Linstone HA, Turoff M, eds. The Delphi Method: techniques and Applications. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1975: 291–321.
- 9The ‘Collaborative’ Delphi symposium. Annual Sustainable Rangelands Roundtable Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, USA, 2005..
- 14Epidemiology and clinical pattern of psoriatic arthritis in Germany: a prospective interdisciplinary epidemiological study of 1511 patients with plaque-type psoriasis. Br J Dermatol 2009; 160: 1040–1047., , , .
- 20Psoriasis is independently associated with psychiatric morbidity and adverse cardiovascular risk factors, but not with cardiovascular events in a population-based sample. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2010; 24: 885–892., .
- 39Psoriasis and major adverse cardiovascular events: a systemic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. J Am Heart Assoc 2013; 2: e000062., , .Direct Link:
- 48Limitations of psoriatic arthritis screening instruments in patients with psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol 2012;132:S39 [abstract 229]., , , .