Development and psychometric validation of the REFlective evaLuation of psoriasis Efficacy of Treatment and Severity (REFLETS) questionnaire: a common measure of plaque-type psoriasis severity and treatment efficacy for patients and clinicians
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
How to Cite
Gilet, H., de Climens, A. R., Arnould, B., Bachelez, H., Bagot, M., Beaulieu, P., Joly, P., Jullien, D., Le Maître, M., Ortonne, J.P., Paul, C. and Thibout, E. (2014), Development and psychometric validation of the REFlective evaLuation of psoriasis Efficacy of Treatment and Severity (REFLETS) questionnaire: a common measure of plaque-type psoriasis severity and treatment efficacy for patients and clinicians. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. doi: 10.1111/jdv.12601
- Conflicts of interest
- Conflicts of interest
- HB, MB, PB, PJ, DJ, MM, JPO and CP have served as consultants for AbbVie Laboratories and received research funding from AbbVie Laboratories. As part of the scientific advisory board, they were involved at each milestone of the development and validation process. BA, HG and ARC are employees of Mapi, which was funded by AbbVie to conduct the development and validation of the instrument, perform the statistical analysis, and interpret the results. ET is employed by AbbVie and may own AbbVie stock. AbbVie participated in the interpretation of data, review and approval of the manuscript.
- Funding sources
- Funding sources
- The design, study conduct and financial support for the study were provided by AbbVie Laboratories.
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Received: 27 FEB 2014
- 1Psoriasis pathophysiology: current concepts of pathogenesis. Ann Rheum Dis 2005; 64(Suppl. 2): ii30–ii36., .
- 3Psoriasis assessment tools in clinical trials. Ann Rheum Dis 2005; 64(Suppl. 2): ii65–ii68., .
- 4Psoriasis: severity assessment in clinical practice. Conclusions from workshop discussions and a prospective multicentre survey of psoriasis severity. Eur J Dermatol 2006; 16: 167–171., , et al.
- 17Significant delay in the introduction of systemic treatment of moderate to severe psoriasis: a prospective multicentre observational study in outpatients from hospital dermatology departments in France. Br J Dermatol 2012; 167: 643–648., , et al.
- 18European Medicines Agency, Committee For Medicinal Products For Human Use (CHMP). Guideline on clinical investigation of medicinal products indicated for the treatment of psoriasis. [WWW document]. URL http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Scientific_guideline/2009/09/WC500003329.pdf (last accessed: 16 January 2014).
- 25U.S.Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Admin-istration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Center for Devices and Radiological Health. Guidance for industry. Patient-reported outcome measures: use in medical product development to support labeling claims. [WWW document]. URL http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/UCM193282.pdf (last accessed: 16 January 2014).
- 26Grounded theory. In: Smith JA, Harre R, van Langenhove L, eds. Rethinking Methods in Psychology. Sage, London, UK, 1995: 27–49..
- 27Grounded Theory in the 21st Century, 3rd edn. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA, 2005..
- 28User's Manual for Atlas.ti 6.0. Atlas.ti, Berlin, 2004..
- 29Psychometric Theory, 3rd edn. McGraw-Hill Inc, New York, 1994., .
- 32Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. Academic Press, New York, 1977..
- 33Mapi Research Trust. REFlective evaLuation of psoriasis Efficacy of Treatment and Severity (REFLETS) questionnaire. [WWW document] 2014. URL http://www.proqolid.org/proqolid/instruments/reflective_evaluation_of_psoriasis_efficacy_of_treatment_and_severity_reflets (last accessed: 10 April 2014).
- 36Prevalence of psoriatic arthritis and joint complaints in a large population of Italian patients hospitalised for psoriasis. Eur J Dermatol 2005; 15: 279–283., , , , .
- 38Advancements in the treatment of psoriasis: role of biologic agents. J Manag Care Pharm 2004; 10: 318–325., .