Social versus nonsocial cues and responses: a reply to Alizon
Article first published online: 3 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Author. Journal of Evolutionary Biology © 2013 European Society For Evolutionary Biology
Journal of Evolutionary Biology
Volume 26, Issue 10, pages 2297–2298, October 2013
How to Cite
Harrison, F. (2013), Social versus nonsocial cues and responses: a reply to Alizon. Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 26: 2297–2298. doi: 10.1111/jeb.12200
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 3 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 APR 2013
- 2013. On the limits of interpreting some plastic responses through a cooperator/cheater prism. A comment to Harrison. J. Evol. Biol. 26: 2051–2056. .
- 2013. Competition sensing: the social side of bacterial stress responses. Nat. Rev. Micro. 11: 285–293. &
- 2004. Cooperation and competition in pathogenic bacteria. Nature 430: 1024–1027. , &
- 2013. Dynamic social behaviour in a bacterium: Pseudomonas aeruginosa partially compensates for siderophore loss to cheats. J. Evol. Biol. 26: 1370–1378. .
- 2009. Molecular basis of pyoverdine siderophore recycling in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 106: 20440–20445. , &
- 2010. Molecular and regulatory properties of a public good shape the evolution of cooperation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 107: 18921–18926. &
- 2002. Is quorum sensing a side effect of diffusion sensing? Trends Microbiol. 10: 365–370.
- 2012. Quorum sensing and the confusion about diffusion. Trends Microbiol. 20: 586–594. , , &