We gratefully acknowledge the support of the PRIN fund (contract no. 2006132439_002). We are indebted to the thoughtful suggestions of the anonymous co-editor and referee that substantially improved the paper. We also thank Tom Åstebro, Bo Carlsson, Elena Cefis, Annalisa Cristini, Dirk Czarnitzki, Marco Delmastro, Federico Etro, Riccardo Leoni, Tammy Madsen, Pedro Ortin, Cristina Rossi Lamastra, Christian Serarols, Erol Taymaz, Sidney Winter, participants in the 2007 EARIE conference, 2008 SMS Conference, 2009 IIOC Conference, DRUID 2009 Summer Conference, and seminars held at University of Bergamo, UAB, KUL, and Politecnico di Milano for helpful comments. We are also grateful to Fabio Bertoni for valuable assistance in running Monte Carlo simulations. Obviously, responsibility for any errors lies solely with the authors.
The Creation of A Middle-Management Level by Entrepreneurial Ventures: Testing Economic Theories of Organizational Design
Article first published online: 4 APR 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Special Issue: Economics and Strategy of the Entrepreneur III
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 390–422, Summer 2013
How to Cite
Colombo, M. G. and Grilli, L. (2013), The Creation of A Middle-Management Level by Entrepreneurial Ventures: Testing Economic Theories of Organizational Design. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 22: 390–422. doi: 10.1111/jems.12010
- Issue published online: 4 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2013
- PRIN. Grant Number: 2006132439_002
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!