We are indebted to Jerry Thursby for insightful comments and suggestions. We also thank Thomas Astebro, David Beck, Victor Bergonzoli, Carolin Haeussler, Matt Higgins, David Hsu, David Ku, Josh Lerner, Laura Lindsey, William Oakes, Florin Paun, Carlos Serrano, Scott Shane, Rosemarie Ziedonis, and seminar participants at the 2010 NBER's Entrepreneurship Working Group Meeting for their valuable comments. Conti acknowledges support from the Hal and John Smith Chair in Entrepreneurship for support via a TI:GER Postdoctoral Fellowship and the Swiss National Foundation. Thursby acknowledges NSF Award #0221600, and Rothaermel acknowledges NSF SES 0545544.
Show Me the Right Stuff: Signals for High-Tech Startups
Version of Record online: 4 APR 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy
Special Issue: Economics and Strategy of the Entrepreneur III
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 341–364, Summer 2013
How to Cite
Conti, A., Thursby, M. and Rothaermel, F. T. (2013), Show Me the Right Stuff: Signals for High-Tech Startups. Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 22: 341–364. doi: 10.1111/jems.12012
- Issue online: 4 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 APR 2013
- NSF. Grant Numbers: #0221600, SES 0545544
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!