The Consequences of Poor Communication During Transitions from Hospital to Skilled Nursing Facility: A Qualitative Study
Version of Record online: 3 JUN 2013
© 2013, Copyright the Authors Journal compilation © 2013, The American Geriatrics Society
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 61, Issue 7, pages 1095–1102, July 2013
How to Cite
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:1095-1102, 2013.
- Issue online: 15 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 JUN 2013
- 6Dimensional analysis. In: Morse J, Stern P, Corbin J et al., editors. Developing Grounded Theory: The Second Generation. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press, 2009, pp 86–125., .
- 8Dimensional Analysis: Notes on an Alternative Approach to Grounding of Theory in Qualitative Research. New York: Aldine de Gruyter, 1991..
- 9Methods and Application of Dimensional Analysis: A Contribution to Concept and Knowledge Development in Nursing. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co., 2000., .
- 10Qualitative Analysis for Social Scientists. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1987..
- 12Liaison Committee on Medical Education. Function and structure of a medical school: Standards for accrediting of medical education programs leading to the M.D. degree [on-line]. Available at http://www.lcme.org/standard.htm Accessed October 9, 2012.
- 13American Association of Colleges of Nursing. The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Available at http://www.aacn.nche.edu/education-resources/baccessentials08.pdf Accessed October 9, 2012.
- 14Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Common program requirements [on-line]. Available at http://www.acgme-nas.org/assets/pdf/CPR-Categorization-TCC.pdf Accessed October 9, 2012.
- 17Documentation of Mandated Discharge Summary Components in Transitions from Acute to Sub-Acute Care. AHRQ Patient Safety: New Directions and Alternative Approaches. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2008, pp 179–188., .
- 20National Archives and Records Administration. Public Health—Requirements for States and Long Term Care Facilities, 42 CFR 483. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 2012.
- 21Roles and responsibilities of attending physicians in skilled nursing facilities. J Am Med Dir Assoc 2003;4:231–243..
- 24Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Prospects for care coordination measurement using electronic data sources: Challenges of measuring care coordination using electronic data and recommendations to address those challenges [on-line]. Available at http://www.ahrq.gov/qual/prospectscare/prospects1.htm Accessed January 4, 2013.
- 25How-To Guide: Improving Transitions from the Hospital to Skilled Nursing Facilities to Reduce Avoidable Rehospitalizations. Cambridge, MA: Institute for Healthcare Improvement, 2012., , et al.
- 26Florida Atlantic University. Interventions to reduce acute care transfers [on-line]. Available at https://www.interact2.net Accessed February 5, 2013.