Restarting the Cycle: Incidence and Predictors of First Acute Care Use After Nursing Home Discharge
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2014
© 2013, Copyright the Authors Journal compilation © 2013, The American Geriatrics Society
Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
Volume 62, Issue 1, pages 79–85, January 2014
How to Cite
J Am Geriatr Soc 62:79–85, 2014.
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- National Institute for Nursing Research. Grant Number: T32NR009356
- The New Courtland Center for Transitions and Health and the Center for Integrative Science in Aging, Frank Morgan Jones Fund
- Pepper Older Americans' Independence Center. Grant Number: NIA 2P30AG028716–06
- 1Report to the Congress. Medicare payment policy. 2012. Medicare Payment Advisory Commission [on-line]. Available at www.medpac.gov/documents/Mar12_EntireReport.pdf Accessed November 7, 2012.
- 9Introducing the Medicare Quality of Care Surveillance System. Baltimore, MD: Health Care Financing Administration, 1997., , et al.
- 10International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, 2009. National Center for Health Statistics [on-line]. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/icd/icd9.htm Accessed February 14, 2012.
- 12Nursing Home Compare. 2010. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services [on-line]. Available at https://data.medicare.gov/data/nursing-home-compare Accessed November 10, 2010.
- 16Going home: Identifying and overcoming barriers to nursing home discharge. J Case Manag 2011;12:2–11., , et al.
- 17State Level Chronic Conditions Reports. 2013. Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services [on-line]. Available at http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Chronic-Conditions/CCStateReports.html Accessed March 26, 2013.
- 18A systematic review of nurse-assisted case management to improve hospital discharge transition outcomes for the elderly. Prof Case Manag 2007;12:330–336; quiz 337–338., .
- 20Staff interaction strategies that optimize delivery of transitional care in a skilled nursing facility: A multiple case study. Fam Community Health 2012;35:334–344., , et al.