We thank two anonymous referees, Christiane Baumeister, Hilde Bjornland, Efrem Castelnuovo, Todd Clark, Vincent Labhard, Lutz Kilian, Mike McCracken, Ken West, and seminar participants at the ECB, EUI, ICEEE 2011, SNDE 2011 conference, the Norges Bank conference on “Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Macroeconomics and Finance,” the 6th Eurostat Colloquium on “Modern Tools for Business Cycle Analysis: The Lessons from Global Economic Crisis,” and the University of Oslo conference on “Empirical Business Cycle Modelling and Policy in the Aftermath of the Financial Crisis” for helpful comments. We also thank Lutz Kilian for kindly providing his updated nominal index of bulk dry cargo ocean shipping freight rates. The views expressed in this paper are our own and do not necessarily reflect those of Norges Bank.
Oil and U.S. GDP: A Real-Time Out-of-Sample Examination
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 45, Issue 2-3, pages 449–463, March-April 2013
How to Cite
RAVAZZOLO, F. and ROTHMAN, P. (2013), Oil and U.S. GDP: A Real-Time Out-of-Sample Examination. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 45: 449–463. doi: 10.1111/jmcb.12009
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2013
- Received September 15, 2010; and accepted in revised form March 21, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!