The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia or of the Federal Reserve System. This paper revises a portion of Crone et al. (2008), which contains additional results, and updates and expands on Khettry and Mester (2006, revised 2007). We thank Tom Stark for helpful comments and suggestions on comparing the accuracy of different forecast models, seminar participants at the European Central Bank-Center on Financial Studies-Bundesbank Joint Seminar, and two anonymous referees for helpful comments, and Sally Burke for editorial assistance.
Core Measures of Inflation as Predictors of Total Inflation
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 45, Issue 2-3, pages 505–519, March-April 2013
How to Cite
CRONE, T. M., KHETTRY, N. N. K., MESTER, L. J. and NOVAK, J. A. (2013), Core Measures of Inflation as Predictors of Total Inflation. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 45: 505–519. doi: 10.1111/jmcb.12013
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2013
- Received July 9, 2008; and accepted in revised form February 15, 2012.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!