The authors gratefully acknowledge financial support from the British Academy through SG-47026 and the EU Commission through MRTN-CT-2006-034270-COMISEF. An early version of this paper was discussed at an “expert meeting” at the European Central Bank, Frankfurt. For their comments we thank Philip Bond, Satyajit Chatterjee, Mike Dotsey, Loretta Mester, Mark Watson, Jonathan Wright, Cheng Zhu, and seminar participants at the Federal Reserve Bank, Philadelphia, the Bank for International Settlements, Singapore Management University, Bank Negara Malaysia, and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. We also thank the Directorate General of Statistics of the Banque de France, especially Director General M. Jacques Fournier, and Sylvain Gouteron and Jérémi Montornes for providing the anonymized French bank data on which the disaggregate analysis is based. The opinions expressed in this paper are ours alone and should not be taken to represent the views of the Banque de France or any of the National Central Banks of the Eurosystem or the European Central Bank. Responsibility for any remaining errors rests with us.
How Do Anticipated Changes to Short-Term Market Rates Influence Banks' Retail Interest Rates? Evidence from the Four Major Euro Area Economies
Article first published online: 9 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Ohio State University
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 45, Issue 7, pages 1375–1414, October 2013
How to Cite
BANERJEE, A., BYSTROV, V. and MIZEN, P. (2013), How Do Anticipated Changes to Short-Term Market Rates Influence Banks' Retail Interest Rates? Evidence from the Four Major Euro Area Economies. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 45: 1375–1414. doi: 10.1111/jmcb.12056
- Issue published online: 9 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 9 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAY 2011
- British Academy. Grant Number: SG-47026
- EU Commission. Grant Number: MRTN-CT-2006-034270-COMISEF
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!