The views expressed in the paper are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the IMF or IMF policy. Previously circulated under the title “Balance-Sheet Shocks and Recapitalizations.” The authors thank Christopher Carroll, Stijn Claessens, Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, Gregory de Walque, Luc Laeven, Jose Luis Peydro, Jose Victor Rios-Rull, the editors Kenneth West and Robert Kollmann, two anonymous referees, and seminar participants at the NBER Summer Institute, the IMF, the CEPR-EBC-HEC-NYSE/Euronext-RoF Conference on “Financial Intermediation and the Real Economy,” the National Bank of Poland's conference “DSGE and Beyond,” and CEPR-National Bank of Belgium-JMCB-ECARES-Ghent University conference on “Macroeconomics and Financial Intermediation” for comments and discussions.
Financial Crises and Recapitalizations
Version of Record online: 24 NOV 2013
© 2013 The Ohio State University The International Monetary Fund retains copyright and all other rights in the manuscript of this article as submitted for publication.
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 45, Issue s2, pages 59–86, December 2013
How to Cite
SANDRI, D. and VALENCIA, F. (2013), Financial Crises and Recapitalizations. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 45: 59–86. doi: 10.1111/jmcb.12071
- Issue online: 24 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!