I would like to thank the editor, Masao Ogaki, and four anonymous referees for their patience and helpful suggestions that improved this paper. I would also like to thank Henri Pages, Natacha Valla, Hubert Kempf, Charles Thompson, Gerard Charreaux, James Johannes, and the seminar participants at the Banque de France and the Universite de Bourgogne for many helpful comments, and Lynne Krainer for help in the preparation of this manuscript. This research project was funded by the Fondation Banque de France while the author was a visiting scholar at the Monetary Policy Section of the Banque de France. He would like to thank Henri Pages, Secretary of the Fondation; Christian Pfister, Director of Research; and Laurent Clerc, Head of the Monetary Policy Section for the opportunity to carry out this research at the Banque de France. The views expressed in this paper are not necessarily those of the Banque de France or of the individuals mentioned above.
Financial Aspects of Business Cycles: An Analysis of Balance Sheet Adjustments of U.S. Nonfinancial Enterprises over the Twentieth Century
Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2014
Published 2014. This article is a U.S. Government work and is in the public domain in the USA.
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 46, Issue 2-3, pages 371–407, March-April 2014
How to Cite
KRAINER, R. E. (2014), Financial Aspects of Business Cycles: An Analysis of Balance Sheet Adjustments of U.S. Nonfinancial Enterprises over the Twentieth Century. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 46: 371–407. doi: 10.1111/jmcb.12110
- Issue online: 26 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 4 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!