The views expressed in this paper are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago or Federal Reserve System.
Bank Panics, Government Guarantees, and the Long-Run Size of the Financial Sector: Evidence from Free-Banking America
Article first published online: 24 JUL 2014
© 2014 Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 46, Issue 5, pages 961–997, August 2014
How to Cite
CHABOT, B. and MOUL, C. C. (2014), Bank Panics, Government Guarantees, and the Long-Run Size of the Financial Sector: Evidence from Free-Banking America. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 46: 961–997. doi: 10.1111/jmcb.12131
- Issue published online: 24 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 24 JUL 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!