Midwifery Care in Rural and Remote British Columbia: A Retrospective Cohort Study of Perinatal Outcomes of Rural Parturient Women With a Midwife Involved in Their Care, 2003 to 2008
Article first published online: 3 MAR 2014
© 2014 by the American College of Nurse-Midwives
Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health
Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 60–66, January/February 2014
How to Cite
Stoll, K. and Kornelsen, J. (2014), Midwifery Care in Rural and Remote British Columbia: A Retrospective Cohort Study of Perinatal Outcomes of Rural Parturient Women With a Midwife Involved in Their Care, 2003 to 2008. Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health, 59: 60–66. doi: 10.1111/jmwh.12137
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 3 MAR 2014
- 1British Columbia Reproductive Care Program. Report on the Findings of a Consensus Conference on Obstetrical Services in Rural and Remote Communities. Vancouver, BC: British Columbia Reproductive Care Program; 2002.
- 2Podium: Doctors speak out. Is local maternity care sustainable without general practitioner surgeons? Can J Rural Med. 2006;11(3):218-220., , .
- 3College of Midwives of British Columbia. Register of current and former registrants. Available at: http://www.cmbc.bc.ca/pdf.shtml?List-of-Registrants. Accessed December 7, 2012.
- 4Regionalization of health services in Newfoundland and Labrador: perceptions of the planning, implementation and consequences of regional governance. Journal of Health Services Research & Policy. 2005;10(Suppl 2):12-21., , , .
- 5Society of Rural Physicians of Canada. National Rural Health Strategy. Available at: http://www.srpc.ca/PDF/nrhsB.pdf. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- 6Office of the Auditor General of British Columbia. A Review of Performance Agreements Between the Ministry of Health Services and Health Authorities. Victoria, BC: Office of the Auditor General of British Columbia; 2003. 101 p. Report No.: 2003/2004: 1.
- 8You don't know what you've got till it's gone”: The role of maternity care in community sustainability. Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine. 2011;16(1):7-12., , , , , , . “
- 9Distance matters: A population based study examining access to maternity services for rural women. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011;11(147):1-8., , .
- 12Maternity nurses and midwives in a British Columbia rural community: Evolving relationships. Can J Midwifery Res Prac. 2010;9(2):7-16..
- 14Centre for Rural Health Research, the Rural and Remote Midwifery Committee. Proceedings from the 3rd invitational rural midwifery symposium; 2011 Apr 26-27; Vancouver, BC.
- 17British Columbia Perinatal Health Program. Special Report: Midwifery in British Columbia. Vancouver, BC: British Columbia Perinatal Health Program; 2008.
- 18British Columbia Perinatal Health Program. Annual Perinatal Health Report: 2008. Vancouver, BC: British Columbia Perinatal Health Program; 2010.
- 22ACNM Benchmarking Project: 2011 Results Summary. Available at: http://www.midwife.org/ACNM/files/ccLibraryFiles/Filename/000000002976/ACNM%20Benchmarking%20Project%202011%20Final%20Report%20with%20Table.pdf. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- 23Midwives Alliance of North America–MANA stats (2013). Available at: http://www.mana.org/research/mana-stats. Accessed July 1, 2013.