The Effects of Intimate Partner Violence Duration on Individual and Partner-Related Sexual Risk Factors Among Women
Article first published online: 3 MAR 2014
© 2014 by the American College of Nurse-Midwives
Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health
Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 67–73, January/February 2014
How to Cite
Fontenot, H. B., Fantasia, H. C., Lee-St. John, T. J. and Sutherland, M. A. (2014), The Effects of Intimate Partner Violence Duration on Individual and Partner-Related Sexual Risk Factors Among Women. Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health, 59: 67–73. doi: 10.1111/jmwh.12145
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 3 MAR 2014
- 1Intimate Partner Violence Surveillance Uniform Definitions and Recommended Data Elements. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control; 1999., , , et al.
- 2Adverse health conditions and health risk behaviors associated with intimate partner violence-United States, 2005. MMWR. 2008;57:113-117., .
- 4Mediators of the relation between partner violence and sexual risk behavior among women attending a sexually transmitted disease clinic. Sex Trans Dis. 2011;38:510-515., , .
- 5The intersection of violence, substance use, depression, and STDs: Testing of a syndemic pattern among patients attending an urban STD clinic. J Nat Med Assoc. 2010;102:614-620., , .
- 10Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV Among Women. 2011. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/women/index.htm. Accessed May 1, 2013.
- 14Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance, 2010. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control; 2011.
- 18Association between forced sex, sexual and protective practices, and sexually transmitted diseases among a national sample of adolescent girls. Wom Health Iss. 2004;14:75-84., .
- 27Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings. MMWR. 2006;55(RR14):1-17., , , et al.
- 28Association between intimate partner violence and preventative screening among women. J Wom Health. 2013;00:1-6., , .
- 29The abuse assessment screen: A clinical instrument to measure frequency, severity, and perpetrator of abuse against women. In: Campbell JC, ed. Empowering Survivors of Abuse: Health Care for Battered Women and Their Children. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications; 1998:195-203., , , .
- 30Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Violence Victimization Assessment Instruments for Use in Healthcare Settings: Version 1. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control and Prevention; 2007., , .