Knowledge and Skills Retention Among Frontline Health Workers: Community Maternal and Newborn Health Training in Rural Ethiopia
Version of Record online: 18 FEB 2014
© 2014 by the American College of Nurse-Midwives
Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health
Special Issue: Findings from the Maternal and Newborn Health in Ethiopia Partnership
Volume 59, Issue s1, pages S21–S31, January/February 2014
How to Cite
Gobezayehu, A. G., Mohammed, H., Dynes, M. M., Desta, B. F., Barry, D., Aklilu, Y., Tessema, H., Tadesse, L., Mikulich, M., Buffington, S. T. and Sibley, L. M. (2014), Knowledge and Skills Retention Among Frontline Health Workers: Community Maternal and Newborn Health Training in Rural Ethiopia. Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health, 59: S21–S31. doi: 10.1111/jmwh.12146
- Issue online: 18 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 18 FEB 2014
- 2Central Statistical Agency [Ethiopia] & ICF International. Ethiopia Demographic and Health Survey 2011. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: Central Statistical Agency and ICF International; 2012.
- 6World Health Organization. WHO Recommendations: Optimizing Health Worker Roles to Improve Access to Key Maternal and Newborn Health Interventions Through Task Shifting. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2012.
- 12Traditional birth attendant training for improving health behaviours and pregnancy outcomes. Cochrane Database of Syst Rev. 2012; 15(8):CD005460. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD005460.pub3., , .
- 14Lay health workers in primary and community health care for maternal and child health and the management of infectious diseases. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010;17(3):CD004015. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD004015.pub3, , , et al.
- 18Neonatal and infant mortality in the ten Years (1993 to 2003) of the Gadchiroli field trial: Effect of home-based neonatal care. J Perinatol. 2005;25(S1):S92–S107., , , , .
- 19Home Based Lifesaving Skills (2nd ed). Silver Spring, MD: American College of Nurse-Midwives; 2010., , , .
- 23Federal Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. Health Service Extension Program Implementation Guideline. January 2005.
- 25IBM Corp. IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows, Version 20.0. Armonk, NY: IBM Corp;2011.
- 26StataCorp. Stata Statistical Software: Release 11. College Station, TX: StataCorp LP;2009.