- Due to the amazing efforts of Ed Cross, Louise Gorringe, Susanne Schmitt, Christian Schmitz, Ulrika Smrekova and Tim Stassines, ISN has a completely new website. The renovation is not just a visual facelift. Over the last 6 months, this team has completed quite a bit of work “under the car hood” to generate a new and highly functional ISN database and secure ISN website able to handle multiple types of transactions. As we continue to phase in new features, we will likely hit some bumps. Please be patient, but to help us improve our website, please do not hesitate to inform us (at email@example.com) of any issues/problems encountered. Discover our new web presence on www.neurochemistry.org/ !
- ISN council has just made membership much more valuable. As of this July, only ISN members will be eligible for all of ISN's many awards grants, funding for conferences. Applications for ISN membership can be made at the time of application for ISN funded awards & grants.
- On July 9th, ISN launched its survey of the ISN membership, ISN meeting attendees and recipients of ISN awards & grants. This survey is aimed at gathering information to help ISN officers and council identify and implement benefits valued by ISN members. This survey has been closed on August 10th. A summary of survey results will be posted on the ISN webpage after the annual business meeting.
Neurochemistry News - Issue 40 June 2012
The latest issue of the Neurochemistry News is available on-line on www.neurochemistry.org.
Enjoy your reading!
Dates and deadlines
Nominations for ISN Elections
Please find all information and forms for download on our website www.neurochemistry.org/membership/elections.html
Deadline for nominations: September 20, 2012
Next ISN Annual Business Meeting
Date: September 30, 2012
Time: 06:30pm - 08:30pm
Venue: Kobe International Conference Center
Agenda: has been communicated to members 2 weeks prior to the meeting
ISN-ASN Cancun, 2013
On-Line Call for Abstracts
OPENS: August 01, 2012
CLOSES: October 15, 2012
October 15, 2012
ISN Advanced School
October 15, 2012
Registration Discount Deadline
January 15, 2013
Call for bids for the 26th meeting of the ISN
The International Society of Neurochemistry would like to invite the membership to make suggestions concerning the location of the Biennial Meeting of the ISN being held in the year 2017.
The biennial meetings of the ISN rotate through the three regions covered by its sister societies, with the 2013 biennial meeting being held in the Americas (Cancun, Mexico) and the 2015 meeting being held in the Asian-Pacific region (Cairns, Australia).
The 2017 biennial meeting location should therefore be in the European region.
- September 16 2012: Letter of intent (city/venue) to be send to ISN Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 15, 2012: Bid document to be send to ISN Secretariat email@example.com
6th ISN Special Neurochemistry Conference - Call for proposals
Submission deadline: November 20, 2012
The conference should be:
- be located in the Asian-Pacific Region
- be focused on an important and timely neurochemical topic
- have a 3 day duration with no parallel sessions
- not exceed 300 participants
- not coincide in time with other major neuroscience meetings
Proposals are to be submitted by email to the ISN Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Monica J. Carson
Division of Biomedical Sciences
Director Center for Glial-Neuronal Interactions
University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave
Riverside, CA 92521-0121