This paper is part of a much bigger project on understanding social transformations in rural Jharkhand that I have been exploring for the past decade. The field data used here are a result of field research conducted over twenty months with the anthropologist George Kunnath to whom I am deeply grateful for all that we have shared. The questions of this paper were led by respondents in the field who I hope will one day read it. Deepankar Basu, Henry Bernstein, Uday Chandra, Bernard De Mello and Judith Whitehead have helped clarify numerous arguments. Special thanks to Barbara Harriss-White and Jens Lerche for thoughtful comments and especially believing in and supporting this endeavour.
The Agrarian Question in a Maoist Guerrilla Zone: Land, Labour and Capital in the Forests and Hills of Jharkhand, India
Article first published online: 16 JUN 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Agrarian Change
Special Issue: Agrarian Transitions and Left Politics in India
Volume 13, Issue 3, pages 424–450, July 2013
How to Cite
Shah, A. (2013), The Agrarian Question in a Maoist Guerrilla Zone: Land, Labour and Capital in the Forests and Hills of Jharkhand, India. Journal of Agrarian Change, 13: 424–450. doi: 10.1111/joac.12027
- Issue published online: 16 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 16 JUN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!