Accepted by Philip Berger. We appreciate constructive comments on an earlier version of this paper from Andy Bauer, Paul Beck, Amy Dunbar, Scott Dyreng, Steve Gill, Jeffrey Hoopes, Devan Mescall, Tom Omer, Stephen Powers, Casey Schwab, and participants at the ATA Annual Meeting and the AAA Annual Meeting. Hou Qingchuan and Franklin Hao provided excellent research assistance. Petro Lisowsky (Jeffrey Pittman) gratefully acknowledges generous financial support from the PricewaterhouseCoopers Faculty Fellowship (Canada's Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, the CMA Professorship, and the Chair in Corporate Governance and Transparency).
Tax Aggressiveness and Accounting Fraud
Article first published online: 28 JAN 2013
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2013
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 739–778, September 2013
How to Cite
LENNOX, C., LISOWSKY, P. and PITTMAN, J. (2013), Tax Aggressiveness and Accounting Fraud. Journal of Accounting Research, 51: 739–778. doi: 10.1111/joar.12002
- Issue published online: 12 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 28 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 DEC 2012 10:44AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!