Maximilian D. Schmeiser (email@example.com) is an economist at the Federal Reserve Board. Jason S. Seligman (firstname.lastname@example.org) is an assistant professor at John Glenn School of Public Affairs, The Ohio State University. The research reported herein was performed pursuant to a grant from the US Social Security Administration (SSA) funded as part of the Financial Literacy Research Consortium. The opinions and conclusions expressed are solely those of the author(s) and do not represent the opinions or policy of SSA, any agency of the federal government, the Federal Reserve, or the Center for Financial Security at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The authors wish to thank Matthew Gross, Sudipto Banjeree, and Dee Warmath for research assistance, and are grateful for feedback from discussants and participants at the summer CFS FLRC workshop in Madison, WI.
Using the Right Yardstick: Assessing Financial Literacy Measures by Way of Financial Well-Being
Article first published online: 29 MAY 2013
Copyright 2013 by The American Council on Consumer Interests
Journal of Consumer Affairs
Volume 47, Issue 2, pages 243–262, Summer 2013
How to Cite
SCHMEISER, M. D. and SELIGMAN, J. S. (2013), Using the Right Yardstick: Assessing Financial Literacy Measures by Way of Financial Well-Being. Journal of Consumer Affairs, 47: 243–262. doi: 10.1111/joca.12010
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 29 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 APR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 1 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!